**I apologize that I have not posted anything in a while, but now I am back! I will be posting at least twice a month.**
I wanted to tell you all about our trip a few months ago to Nashville & Kentucky. J and I usually find a place to visit over Labor Day weekend close to Kansas City. Last year, we did a weekend trip to Omaha. This year, J had a few extra vacation days, giving us the chance to go somewhere farther away. After much back-and-forth about where to go, we settled on two places: Nashville, TN and Mammoth Cave, KY. Our goal was to find a place to hike and camp since I had never been camping Luckily for us, Mammoth cave is only an hour from Nashville, so we were able to have the best of both worlds for a few days!
If you’re looking for a getaway that combines delicious food, cave exploration, and a great music scene, then take a glance at our 4 (and half)-day Itinerary.
A few transportation notes: We flew into Nashville, rented a car, drove to Mammoth Cave, and then flew back out of Nashville.
Day 1: Nashville
- Lunch: Burger Republic—Try the “Tennessee Burger” and an adult-milkshake.
- Explore: Third Man Records & Yazoo Brewing Company
- Visit: Nashville First Saturday Art Crawl—Hop on & off the trolley to explore various galleries and shows in downtown Nashville.
- Shop: Hatch Show Print
- Dinner: Moto—Fabulous Italian cuisine! We stumbled upon this place on accident after a long search for a place for dinner on a Friday night. We planned on Lockeland table but didn’t make it!
- Drinks & Music: Any bar along Broadway. Another great stop would be Patterson House.
Day 2: Nashville
- Brunch: Hattie B’s for hot chicken—On the great advice of our Uber driver, we ordered online and picked it up to avoid the crazy lines.
- Explore: Centennial Park—We ate our hot chicken here and went on a walk.
- Drink: The Frothy Monkey—adorable place for coffee & sangria.
- Shop: The shops on 12th avenue south are all absolutely charming.
- Dinner: Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant-Make reservations early for this popular Nashville eatery!
- Dessert: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams
Day 3: Mammoth Cave
- Breakfast: Granola bars in the car on the way to Mammoth Cave
- Explore: Grand Avenue Tour of Mammoth Cave—Purchase tour tickets a few weeks ahead of time.
- Lunch: Sandwiches at our Mammoth Cave campsite
- Hiking: Many paths available for hiking
- Explore: Star Chamber Tour of Mammoth Cave
- Dinner: Hotdogs and s’mores by the fire
Day 4: Mammoth Cave & Bowling Green, KY
- Fun: Zip-lining at Mammoth Cave Adventures
- Explore: Corsair Distillery in Bowling Green, KY
- Dinner: Sausages by the fire
Day 5: Nashville, TN to KC
- Breakfast: Biscuit Love
Have you ever been to Nashville or Mammoth Cave? Let me know your favorite places in the comments!